Thursday 23 April 2015

The Watch By Sophie Campbell - 100 Word Challenge

The Watch


I look and look. Still nothing. I can’t find it. X marks the spot, I remember. I look for another clue, a mound of dirt maybe. The I see it. A black X made of ash. I use my dry hands to dig until I come to a silver watch, my Grandma’s silver watch. It seemed to be in surprisingly good condition, I think as I stroke it’s delicate black hands. “ Mira?” I hear Grandma’s gentle voice whisper.
“ Grandma?” I mumble back. Nothing. I wipe my eyes as a salty tear falls from my stormy blue eyes. I'd lost my Grandma again.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely story, Sophie. I really like the way you've used short, sharp sentences to build tension. Perhaps split the paragraph up to make it easier to read.
    Thanks
    Abby, Team100WC, Reading, UK

    ReplyDelete